Monday, June 14, 2010

2XL...I lOVE YOU SO MUCH!


The year was 1978 and I fell in love with my first boy....Boy ROBOT that is. I remember watching Sunday cartoons and seeing the commercial for 2XL, a talking robot that would ask you all sorts of questions. It played 8-track tapes..8-TRACK TAPE...some of you out there have never even seen an 8-track. Anyway, I begged, pleaded, pouted, made ridiculous promises, even said I couldn't live without a 2XL. Well that year for Christmas my dreams came true! I got my very own robot! I played with 2XL for hours, when he wasn't plugged in I carried him around, I put him on my little car and road around the garage with him, I tucked him in at night even. As I got older he was the one toy I couldn't part with. Well this weekend we cleaned out the rafters at my mom's house and who should appear......2XL! I feel like a 7 year old all over again!

No comments: